Monday, October 7, 2013

Homemade Miso Soup

 

Today, I have delicious miso soup for you. Now, I'd never made it from scratch before, but I bought a container of miso at the store. I figured I'd give it a whirl.

Ingredients:

These ingredients are for a single serving.  You can double or triple the ingredients depending on how many people you are serving.

1-2 tsp. olive oil
1/2 small onion or 1/4 of a large onion (diced)
2 carrots (also diced)
2 cups of vegetable broth (or water)
sushi nori (seaweed)  torn into small pieces -*optional*
1 1/2 tbsp. miso (I used red miso.)
10-20 pieces of cubed tofu (I used the pre-cut kind.)

First, sauté your diced onions in the olive oil until they are translucent, then add your carrots and continue to sauté until the carrots are cooked.

Next, add the vegetable broth and tofu. Simmer for about 4 minutes, add miso and nori and simmer for 5-10 more minutes.  Then, woila!  Your miso soup is ready!

 
Can be a light lunch or add some sushi to make it a full meal.
This is my sushi that I made a while back. White rice, sweet potato tempura, avocado, and cucumber. It was delicious. I also made extra sweet potato tempura and my own little dipping sauce by mixing Sweet Chili Sauce with apricot preserves (on the left). It makes a sweet and spicy sauce that goes really well with the tempura.  On the right is Soy Ginger sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts/musing/comments below!
I absolutely LOVE receiving comments! It brightens my day!