Sunday, October 6, 2013

Breakfast Idea from Happy Herbivore

I'm a big fan of Happy Herbivore's blog and website.  I recently checked out her meal plans to get some fresh ideas.  On the 3-day sample meal plan, I found an awesome recipe for Berry Berry Quinoa.  Now, I like quinoa (small grain with lots of protein, pronounced keen-wa), but I've always made it for dinner, and I never thought of making it as a breakfast dish.

In her recipe, Happy Herbivore uses two types of berries (preferably strawberries and blueberries), quinoa, cinnamon, and sweetener (maple syrup or agave nectar).  It's delicious!  In the picture below, I used red quinoa because I thought it would look good together with the berry colors, and I also used frozen blueberries.  I don't have permission to include her recipe, but it's in her free 3-day meal plan.  I also just bought a weekly meal plan to get some new ideas and because I loved the recipes from the free plan.  There're only $5 for a week-long meal plan, and they include a handy shopping list, so that you don't end up wasting money or time at the grocery store.  Also, you can cook all your meals for the week ahead of time if you prefer!


Happy Herbivore Meal Plans - If you'd like to try the Berry Berry Quinoa recipe (and others) go to this website and click on the free "3-day Sample Meal Plan".

I'm excited to try out my weekly meal plan and learn some new vegan, low-fat recipes this week!

***I also should probably mention that I paid for the meal plan, and my review is my personal opinion, not driven by anything else. (You can probably tell that because I don't have very many readers or followers of my blog.) Companies aren't exactly clamoring to get in on the action of my famous blog. That's okay because I don't blog for them. I write for me. :)***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts/musing/comments below!
I absolutely LOVE receiving comments! It brightens my day!