Friday, September 13, 2013

Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte!



I know a lot of bloggers and people in the vegan community are really bummed about the fact that they can't order a Pumpkin Spice Soy Latte from Starbucks (or Caribou Coffee, I checked) because they use condensed milk to flavor the drink. So what's a vegan (or poseur vegan, like me) supposed to do to enjoy a tasty fall beverage?

Never fear, trusty readers (all one of you), I have found a recipe to satisfy your pumpkin spice cravings! Check out this awesome recipe from Artichokes and Anecdotes: Pumpkin Spice Soy Latte!

Also, if you prefer chai (or black tea) to coffee, like I do, this recipe can be simply modified by using chai prepared with two tea bags so that it's extra strong. I prefer Tazo brand Organic Chai, but any chai will do: Rooibos Chai, Maharaja Chai, ...now I'm craving a chai. Did you know that in Russian, chai is the word for tea? That is why you'll almost never see me write chai tea. It just sounds repetitive to me, but enough about me and my chai addition. Go forth and make delicious Pumpkin Spice Beverages!!!

Doesn't that look delicious and fall-inspired! I couldn't get the cinnamon stick to sit right. It kept sinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts/musing/comments below!
I absolutely LOVE receiving comments! It brightens my day!